Monday, March 1, 2010

Iron Chef Pastry Chef, Round 3

Hello, everyone.
Monday, March 8th, should be round 3. I was told they were talking with two pastry chefs from the Twin Cities, and it is possible I will be taking on one of them. Here is some info. on the person they think is most likely going to be challenging me.

Michelle Gayer
By andrew.zimmern on Mon, 02/09/2009 - 17:54

Chef Michelle Gayer is one of the best pastry chefs in the country, hands down. We spoke to this talented Twin Cities about her time with Charlie Trotter's, how she balanced a small business with two little girls at home, and why Salty Tart might just be the best place in the city to get your sugar fix.

AndrewZimmern.com: You've worked with Charlie Trotter, received an "Outstanding Pastry Chef" Beard nomination in 2002, and were named "Pastry Chef of the Year" by Bon Appetit magazine. Those are pretty incredible accomplishments.

To see the rest of this interview, go to AndrewZimmern.com


Win or lose, this will be a great learning experience. The good thing is that we both will have all the same secret ingredients to work with and will have the same things to choose from for added, non-secret ingredients. The tough part will be for my partner who has no baking experience, but we both will learn from it. No matter who I compete against, I have viewed my past competitions, learned from my mistakes, and will do better every time I compete. I really am looking forward to this challenge. Rick b

No comments: